Baked Acorn Squash With Parmesan Cheese
Author: Perry and Sons
- 1 lg. acorn squash (about 1 lb.)
- ½ tbsp. butter
- 4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Coat a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the squash in half crosswise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Slice the squash into rounds ¼” thick and arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake slices for 8 minutes, turn and bake 8 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet or saucepan.
- In a pie pan or on a sheet of wax paper, mix together the cheese and bread crumbs.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, press both sides into the cheese-bread crumb mixture. Return to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the butter over the slices. Bake for 10 minutes or until squash is tender and golden brown.