Breakfast Baked Acorn Squash with Greek Yogurt, Honey & Pecans
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Place halves facing up on foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil and cinnamon. Use your fingers to rub each half of the flesh of the acorn squash with the coconut oil and cinnamon mixture. Place 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in the middle of each half and rub into the squash. Bake for 45 min-1 hour or until squash is fork tender.
- Once squash is done, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then place on plates. When ready to serve, make sure squash is warm then scoop ½ cup yogurt into each squash half. Drizzle each with a teaspoon of honey and pecans. Serves 2. Enjoy!