Butternut Squash, Apple, onion Au Gratin
- Cooking Spray
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 butternut squash-peeled, seeded and sliced
- 4 apples-peeled, cored, and sliced
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9- x 11-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place flour, salt, and cinnamon into a large plastic bag. Add squash, apples, and onions; shake until lightly dusted.
- In glass dish, layer ½ of squash, apples, and sweet onion. Pour ½ cup chicken stock over the top, then sprinkle ½ of cheese. Layer with remaining squash, apple, and onions. Pour remaining chicken stock over the top, and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with bacon crumbles and remaining cheese. Return, uncovered, to oven; bake for another 5 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.