Butternut Squash Autumn Grains
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp. chopped sage
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups Village Harvest Red Quinoa & Brown Rice, heated through (found in frozen veg. section)
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped chives
- Garnish shaved Parmesan cheese
- Toss butternut squash with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt in a large mixing bowl. Spread onto a sheet pan (in a single layer) and roast in a 425 degree F oven for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- While squash is roasting, heat remaining olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes until golden. Add sage, black pepper and remaining salt and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix roasted squash, Village Harvest Red Quinoa & Brown Rice and chopped chives into the warm onions. Adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with Parmesan cheese just before serving.