Butternut Squash Puff
- 3 c. cooked, mashed butternut squash
- ¼ c. evaporated milk or light cream
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated orange rind
- ½ tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine all ingredients and turn into a 1 quart buttered casserole.
- Place in a 9 inch square pan of hot water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until firm in the center.
- Serve with turkey or pork. Great for a holiday side dish.