Butternut Squash Salad with Curry-Apple Dressing
Serves 8- ⅔ cups per serving.
- 2½ pound butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp apple juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp red onion(s), chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut squash in half crosswise where it starts to widen (where the round “bulb” meets the “neck”). Place both pieces of squash cut side down in prepared pan.
- Bake until bottom half of squash is just tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes; remove bottom half from oven and set aside.
- Bake top half of squash until just tender, about 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Peel and seed cooled squash; cut into ¾–inch cubes. Place in a serving bowl and toss with dressing.