Cinnamon Roll Squash Muffins
Author: Paleo in PDX
Recipe type: Paleo
- Cinnamon roll topping:
- 2 Tbsp melted butter, ghee or coconut oil (I used coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Muffin ingredients:
- ½ cup butternut squash puree (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup melted grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ – ⅓ cup raw pecans for topping, optional
- Combine all ingredients together — except pecans–in the food processor and process until a smooth, fluffy batter forms. Alternatively, you can mix all the dry ingredients together, whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then whisk the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Grease muffin cups or line with parchment paper liners. Fill each with approximately ¼ cup of batter.
- Spoon cinnamon mixture over each muffin and top with pecans, if using.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.