- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, soft, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, puree
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 large egg white(s)
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp table salt
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350˚F.
- Lightly coat a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) baking pan with cooking spray, then dust lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and margarine with an electric mixer; beat in egg, egg white, pumpkin puree and buttermilk.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture just until moistened, then add cranberries and mix gently.
- Spread batter in pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center springs back when gently pressed. Cool and cut into 18 bars.