Creamy Parmesan Baked Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash (1 pound each), halved lengthwise, seeded, and bottoms trimmed to lie flat if necessary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place squash cut side up on a large, rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide cream and thyme evenly among squash halves.
- Bake until squash is tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.