Fresh Mozzarella Watermelon Salad with Purple Basil
- 2 cups seeded small watermelon balls
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil (purple or green)
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar as desired
- Toss together the watermelon, mozzarella, basil, scallions and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over a bed of baby greens with crostini on the sides.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over if desired.