Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Watermelon Lemongrass Glaze
A Light and Delicious Entree, Serves up enough glaze for 2 pounds of grilled shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh lemongrass or 1 teaspoon dry shredded
- ¼ cup extra dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or to taste
- 1 cup watermelon puree
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 lbs. skewered grilled shrimp
- Make the glaze by heating the oil in a 2- or 3-quart saucepan over medium high heat and in it saut? the garlic, ginger and lemongrass for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the mixture in two, setting aside one half for serving as glaze/drizzle.
- Use the other half for basting or marinating the raw shrimp.
- Note: do not mix liquid from the two halves to avoid contaminating the glaze/drizzle.