Herbed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 (3 lb.) spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. butter
- ½ tsp. dried whole basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Dash of dried whole sage
- Fresh basil sprig (optional)
- Wash squash; cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut sides down, in a Dutch oven
- Add water to pan to a depth of 2 inches
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Drain squash; let cool.
- Using a fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from squash; discard shells.
- Place strands in a serving bowl; add parsley and next 5 ingredients, and toss gently.
- Garnish with a fresh basil sprig, if desired.