Author: Maria The Baseball Mom
Cuisine: Kabocha Squash
Recipe type: Kabocha Squash
- ¼ lb. kabocha
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cut kabocha into large chunks.
- Steam kabocha in the microwave until softened.
- Peel kabocha and mash in a bowl.
- Mix butter and sugar in another bowl.
- Add mashed kabocha in the bowl. Mix well.
- Add an egg yolk and stir well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour in the bowl.
- Mix the dough. Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Flatten the cookie dough on floured board and cut into your favorite shapes.
- Place a cookie sheet in a baking pan and place shaped cookie dough on the sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350˚F for 15-20 minutes.
- Japanese pumpkin, kabocha, is a very popular vegetable in Japan. Kabocha has slightly sweet taste, so it’s often used to make desserts. These kabocha cookies are soft and are slightly sweet.