Middle Eastern Style Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash, which has a pretty bland flavor on its own, gets an exotic treatment in this Middle Eastern cuisine inspired recipe.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¾ tsp. ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. allspice
- salt & white pepper to taste
- ½ C toasted slivered almonds
- zest of 1 orange
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil then stir in spices, except salt and pepper. Cook for about a minute.
- Stir in squash and sauté until well coated, adding white pepper and salt to taste. Remove to serving dish. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and orange zest just before serving.