Nachos with Watermelon Avocado Salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 can 4 ounce diced green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1½ cups diced watermelon
- dash salt (to taste)
- 16 ounce can fat-free refried beans
- 11 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup fat-free sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salsa: Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to thoroughly mix. Add watermelon and toss gently. Set aside. (Makes about 2⅓ cups salsa.)
- Heat beans over medium heat until hot. Mash if preferred.
- Assemble nachos: Place chips on an oven-proof flat plate or cookie sheet and then top with beans, then cheese. Repeat layers as desired. Heat in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and chips are hot.
- Top with salsa mixture (all of it or some with the rest placed in a bowl along side for dipping) and then sour cream.