Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Pie
- For the Crust:
- 1 and ½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- For the Filling:
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (may also use light brown sugar)
- 1 and ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Nutella (or 4 oz melted high quality chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9 or 8 inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Set aside. Grind up gingersnap cookies into a fine crumb. Mix with melted butter, sugar, and salt. Press into prepared pie dish. Do not press the crust far up the sides of the dish, or the cookies will end up burning. About halfway up the sides. Bake crust for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the Nutella) and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into pie crust, reserving ½ cup. Mix the reserved cup of pie filling with Nutella. Drop spoonfuls of Nutella mixture onto pie, swirling gently with a knife. Do not swirl too much, just lightly.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is set. The center will still look wet but will not “jiggle” too much. Allow to cool completely and serve at room temperature. Pie is good up to 4 days covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator.