Nutmeg Pumpkin Madelines
Serves 24-32, depending on mold size.
- 1¼ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup solid – pack (canned ) pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cups all-prupose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Loosen Madeline’s with small rubber spatula, turn them out of pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Grease and flour Madeline mold (or use non stick or silicone Madeline pan and spray with baking spray).
- Store in tightly covered container for up to 4 days.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar and butter until blended well.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until evenly blended.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla, and blend well.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of batter into each mold (mold should be ¾ full).
- Bake Madeline’s for 15-20 minutes, until center of Madeline springs back when gently pressed.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.