Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- For the crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, solid at room temperature
- For the filling
- 15oz. pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup canned coconut milk, room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add almond flour and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add egg and coconut oil and pulse until a soft dough comes together. Press the dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Transfer to freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Wipe down the bowl of the food processor, then add in pumpkin puree and eggs. Pulse until well-combined. Add coconut milk, honey, and pumpkin pie spice and pulse until incorporated.
- Pour filling into chilled pie crust, using an offset spatula to evenly spread it out.
- Bake pie for 55-60 minutes, or until center looks set. Cover edges of pie crust with foil if needed, to prevent over-browning. Allow pie to cool down to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight before cutting and serving.