Pecan-Crusted Pork with Pumpkin Butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 4 (1/2 inch thick) boneless pork chops
- ¼ cup oil for frying
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, apple juice, sugar, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the mixture has reached the consistency of applesauce. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse pecans and bread crumbs in a food processor until the pecans are finely chopped. Pour into a shallow dish, and press pork chops into the mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breaded pork chops and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve the pork chops with a dollop of pumpkin butter.