Pork & Pumpkin Noodle Bowl
- 8 oz. whole wheat linguine
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. pork loin, cut in ½-inch-thick slices
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves) or ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup canned or frozen pureed pumpkin or butternut squash
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding onion during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet heart 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Brush pork with some soy sauce and generously sprinkle black pepper. Cook sage leaves in hot oil until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Add pork to skillet and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden outside and slightly pink inside. Remove pork from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet combine remaining soy sauce, garlic, ¼ cup pumpkin, and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling and reduce sauce slightly.
- Add pasta and onions to skillet; heat through. Divide pasta among four bowls. In skillet, heat remaining pumpkin. Serve pork with pasta, pumpkin, sage leaves, and blue cheese.