Pork Stew And Acorn Squash
- 4 med. onion, unpeeled
- 6 lbs. boned pork shoulder, trim and cut 1½ cubes
- ½ c. fresh orange juice
- ½ c. soy sauce
- ¼ c. dry sherry
- 3 tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch, (dissolved-2 tbsp. water)
- 2 c. dried apricots, cut in half
- 6 baked acorn squash, halved and seeded
- Preheat oven to 325. Place 2 onions in center of each of 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring pork occasionally. Cool onions, peel and quarter lengthwise. Transfer to large baking pan.
- Add pork cubes in single layer. Bake 1 hour, stirring pork occasionally. Cool onions, peel and quarter lengthwise. Transfer to large baking pan. Add pork, orange juice, soy sauce, sherry and ginger.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Add pork, orange juice, soy sauce, sherry and ginger. Bake 1 hour. Degrease juices in pan, pour into large heavy sauce pan.
- Over medium heat, stir cornstarch mixture, stir until sauce boils, thickens. Stir in pork and onions and apricots. Cool until heated through. Divide stew evenly among squash halves.
- Bake acorn squash halves, cut side down at 325 degrees until tender 45 to 60 minutes, turn cut side up. Spread with soft butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake 3 minutes. Fill with stew.