Pumpkin Black Bean Bake
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups ½-inch pieces peeled pie pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 3-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 8½-oz. pkg. corn muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup Pumpkin Puree
- Jalapeno-Olive Relish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. In large skillet cook ground beef, pumpkin, and onion over medium heat until meat is browned and onion tender, breaking up ground beef with spoon; drain fat.
- Stir in black beans, corn, chiles, and salt. Heat through. Stir in broth and cream cheese until blended. Transfer mixture to 2½-quart baking dish.
- In medium bowl stir together corn muffin mix, egg, milk, and Pumpkin Puree until just combined. Spoon over beef mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into topper comes out clean. Serve with Jalapeno-Olive Relish.