Pumpkin Fritters with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Canola or Vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ cup all – purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. granulated sugar, plus 3 tbsp for finishing
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon plus 1 tbsp for finishing
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 – 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- Vanilla ice-cream
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside.
- Attach a deep-fry thermometer to a medium-heavy saucepan.
- Set over medium heat, add 1 inch oil, and heat until the temperature reaches 350˚F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together flour, 4 tbsp sugar, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs until blended. Whisk pumpkin into eggs until combined. Add flour mixture to pumpkin; stir just until combined.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoons into oil, four at a time.
- Fry until golden brown, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fritters to paper towels.
- To test for doneness, press lightly; fritters should spring back. (They will deflate slightly as they cool.) Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. To serve, arrange fritters on dessert plates.
- Sprinkle with rounded teaspoonfuls cinnamon mixture; serve with ice cream.