Pumpkin Orange Swirl Tart
Oh my, my, this tastes like heaven!!
- 6 whole ginger snaps, broken into quarters (about ½ cup)
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup solid pack (canned) pumpkin
- ½ tsp orange extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into ½ inch dice
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp orange zest
- —–GINGER SHORTBREAD CRUST—–
- Remove from oven, and, while still hot, smooth out crust with back of a tablespoon let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Remove ½ cup of cream cheese mixture to smaller bowl. Pour into crust.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir orange zest into reserved cream cheese batter and pour over pumpkin batter in crust. Swirl gently with spoon.
- —–GINGERBREAD CRUST—–
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Chill until firm.
- Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mixture is a coarse meal or resembles small peas.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Pour into a 9½” tart pan with removable bottom.
- Evenly press mixture along bottom of pan and up sides, work to make crust as even as possible.
- Put pan in freezer for 10 minutes and then bake for 10-15 min until edges are slightly brown.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.