Roasted Butternut Squash with Green Apples and Candied Walnuts
- 1 butternut squash, peel, sliced into ¾ inch pieces
- 3 green apples, sliced into ¾ inch pieces
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or ½ tsp maple flavoring
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- Put butternut squash and apple pieces in pan.
- Whisk together olive oil and maple syrup or maple flavoring. Drizzle on butternut squash and apples pieces.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Stirring every 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Top with candied walnuts.