Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Pumpkin Hummus
- 1-2 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary (more to taste)
- salt to taste
- To roast the garlic, I like to simmer the peeled cloves in a small saucepan with olive oil for 15-20 minutes over low/medium heat. The garlic gets the roast-y flavor and then you get some bonus garlic infused olive oil out of the deal.
- Puree all ingredients except rosemary in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add more oil or water as needed. Stir in the rosemary.
- Serve with warm pita bread, apple slices, crackers, carrots, wheat toast, roasted vegetables, and/or anything in the world.