Roasted Squash with Mint & Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 medium acorn or butternut squash or small sugar pumpkins (about 3 lb. total)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut squash into 1½”-thick wedges, leaving skin on. Scrape off seeds and strings with a large spoon and discard. Coat wedges with 3 Tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay wedges cut side down on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, carefully turning halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, about 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin seeds to cook, swirling pan often, until seeds are puffed and brown but still have a bit of green, 4–5 minutes. Transfer seeds to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt. DO AHEAD Squash and toasted pumpkin seeds can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand separately at room temperature. Rewarm squash before serving.
- Transfer squash to a large platter and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle squash with torn mint leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds.