Roasted Winter Squash and Parsnips with Maple Syrup Glaze and Marcona Almonds
- 2 cups ½-inch cubes peeled kabocha squash (about 1½ pounds)
- 2 cups ½-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (about 1½ pounds)
- 2 cups ¼- to ⅓-inch cubes peeled parsnips (about 12 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons butter – you can reduce butter by adding ½ cup chicken stock per cube
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped Marcona almonds (about 3½ ounces)
- Butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Combine kabocha and butternut squash and parsnips in large bowl. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in next 5 ingredients. Add to squash mixture and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover squash mixture with foil. Bake covered 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with almonds and drizzle with maple syrup, bake 10 minutes.