Rosemary & Garlic Pork Roast
- 1 2½ – 3 lbs Pork Loin
- 4 Apples (cut into chunks)
- ½lb New Potatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 cup Butternut squash (cut into chunks)
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dry Rosemary
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon All purpose flour
- ¼ cup Chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting the butternut squash, potatoes and apples. Mince garlic.
- In a bowl combine olive oil, minced garlic, spices and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, season the vegetables with salt & pepper, chicken stock and all-purpose flour. Place them into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Rub your pork with the spice mix and place it on top of the vegetables.
- Place your roast into your 425 degree oven and roast at this high heat for 20 minutes. This is to ‘sear’ the outside of the roast, which helps to keep the meat moist. Pork loins don’t have a lot of fat, so they can dry out when they are slow roasted.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees. Roast until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150-155 degrees. Depending on your oven, this can be about 1 to 1½ hours.