Rum – Baked Acorn Squash
- 3 acorn squash, cut into halves
- 1 can (1 lb. 4 oz.) crushed pineapple, well-drained
- ½ c. melted butter
- 6 sliced bread, crumbled
- ½ tsp. rum extract
- ¼ c. firmly packed brown sugar
- Place acorn squash cut side down in greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees) 40 to 45 minutes or until squash is easily pierced. Turn right side up and scoop out seeds.
- Scoop out squash into a bow. Reserve shells. Mash squash and mix with pineapple, butter, bread, rum extract and brown sugar.
- Spoon mixture into squash shells. Bake in moderate oven for another 20 minutes or until lightly brown.