Shrimp Tacos with Watermelon Salsa
- 12 small soft tortillas
- 12 sour cream
- 12 lime wedges
- For the shrimp:
- 1¼ lbs medium shrimp, peeled and devined
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- For the watermelon salsa:
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large red or white onion, diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Toss well to combine and set aside while you make the salsa.
- To make the salsa: in another bowl, combine watermelon, onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Sprinkle with kosher salt, and toss again. Cover, and chill until serving.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté for five to seven minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked and slightly charred on the edges.
- Assemble tacos by spreading tortilla with sour cream and layering on the shrimp and watermelon salsa. Serve with lime wedges on the side.