Shrimp Watermelon Sate
Shrimp and watermelon always go well together, and these Asian flavors bring out the best in both.
- ½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or to taste
- 1 couple of dashes of hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 16 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, poached and chilled
- 16 (2-inch) cubes seedless watermelon
- Fresh basil leaves or baby romaine leaves for garnish
- Slowly blend the seasoned rice vinegar into the peanut butter until completely blended.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger and soy sauce until mixed well.
- Season with hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the shrimp and toss to coat them well.
- Chill for 1 hour
- To serve, alternate shrimp and watermelon cubes on 4 skewers and baste with the remaining dressing.
- Serve over fresh basil leaves or romaine leaves.