Simple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 large Acorn Squash, Sliced in half with seeds scooped out
- 1-15oz. Can Pinto Beans
- 2 Tbsp. Red Onion, Diced
- ¼ Cup Green Onion, Diced
- 2 Small Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Cup (packed) Spinach, Arugula or Kale, chopped
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place the acorn squash halves cutside-down in a large baking dish, poke a couple of holes in the rind with a fork and fill the baking dish ¼” high with water. Bake for 40 mins or until the squash softens.
- In the meantime, toss the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and let sit until the squash is done baking.
- Once the squash is done, take it out of the oven and flip the halves over.
- Carefully, pour the filling mixture inside of the halves, and they may overflow just a little.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for an additional 10-15 mins. Serve warm, and if you like, with more hot sauce!