Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup frozen white pearl onions, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 small bunch kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves chopped tt
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ small butternut squash, peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1½ cups)
- ½ rotisserie chicken, meat torn into bite-size pieces (about 1½ cups)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (such as Dufour or Pepperidge Farm), thawed
- 1 large egg
- Place a rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 425°. Heat oil in an 8-inch cast-iron or other heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic and sage to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add kale and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing often, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.