Spicy Chicken (or Turkey) with Spaghetti Squash Skillet
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ C minced onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 oz. cooked chicken or turkey meat
- 2 C canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ C dry red wine
- 2 tsp. capers
- 2½ tsp. fresh oregano (1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, more to taste
- 3 T Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat, saute onion, garlic and green onions for 2 minutes. Add the chicken or turkey and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for another 5 minutes. Pour sauce over heated spaghetti squash and serve.