Spicy Sesame Salmon on Seared Watermelon
- For Watermelon & Fish:
- 1 cross section watermelon (1″ thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 wild caught salmon filets, skinned
- For Sauce:
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cut watermelon into 2 planks approximately 1” thick, 6” long and 3” wide. Add olive oil to skillet and bring heat to medium high. Add watermelon and sear for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until watermelon flesh is beginning to caramelize. Remove from skillet, season with sea salt and set aside until fish is ready.
- Keep heat on and add fish to skillet used for watermelon; leave residual juices and oil in there. Saute for approximately 5 -6 minutes per side until cooked through and fish is lightly browned on the outside, firm and flaky.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chile sauce, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, oil and sesame seeds. Pour over fish during last 2 minutes of cooking to glaze salmon and warm up.
- To serve, place fish atop seared watermelon plank and spoon extra spicy sesame sauce from pan over the top.*