Spicy Watermelon Hummus
Makes 1⅕ cups
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup watermelon juice (liquify watermelon in a blender)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 /2 teaspoon lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon each: ground cumin, coriander, ground ginger, paprika, and turmeric
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and washed.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup diced watermelon
- Parsley sprigs
- Mince garlic in a food processor. Add onion and parsley and blend until fully minced. Add rest of ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour to allow flavors to blend. Garnish with diced watermelon and parsley sprigs. Serve with pita bread, baked chips, or baby carrots.