Spiked Watermelon Pops
For nonalcoholic Watermelon Pops, substitute ¾ cup orange juice for the vodka.
Author: Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2008
- ½ (3 pounds) large watermelon, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup Cold House Vodka – Lemonade
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Special equipment: 16 (1/4 cup) ice pop molds, 16 wooden pop sticks or wooden coffee stirrers at least 2-inches longer than the molds.
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, sugar, and vodka. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Add the mint and pulse once to combine. Pour the mixture into the pop molds. Insert the wooden sticks all the way down the inside the molds. Freeze for at least 10 hours or preferably overnight.
- To unfreeze the ice pops, insert the molds in hot water for 5 to 10 seconds. Serve immediately.