Super Green Watermelon Detox Smoothie
Gochujang is a Korean hot chili paste made from red chili powder, glutinous rice powder, powdered fermented soybeans, and salt. It is making its way out of Koreatown and into American kitchens. Combined with the super-nutritious greens that boost brain and body, from kale, mint, and parsley loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to green tea and watermelon that help to lower risk for heart disease and cancer, and the creaminess of avocado, this “smoothie” will jump start any detox program! And, it’s satisfying, so it helps curb hunger.
- 3 cups watermelon cubes
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 cups packed kale
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons gochujang paste
- 3 Tablespoons pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 /2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- Place all ingredients in a blender, such as a Vitamix, with watermelon on the bottom. Start blending slowly until watermelon is liquified, then increase speed. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes.