Tabbouleh with Watermelon
Author: MARTHA STEWART LIVING, JULY 2011
- 1¼ cups water
- Coarse salt
- ¾ cup bulgur wheat
- 8 ounces watermelon (about ½ small), peeled and coarsely chopped (1½ cups)
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Bring water and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in bulgur, and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and let stand, uncovered, until cooled, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer bulgur to a bowl, and toss with watermelon, parsley, scallions, oil, lemon zest and juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Gently fold in goat cheese.