Thai-Style Acorn Squash with Pasta
- 1 cup dried spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon each: chilli paste, ground coriander, turmeric
- 4 each: shallots, garlic cloves, diced
- ½ cup 1 teaspoon each: chilli paste, ground coriander, turmeric p water
- 1 cup light cream
- 750g squash,(kabocha, acorn or pumpkin) peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain and place to one side.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the spices, shallots and garlic and stir-fry on low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the water, cream and squash to the pan. Cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes and pasta and heat through.