Twice-Baked Acorn Squash
- 2 med. acorn squash
- ¼ c. finely chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped raisins
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. dark corn syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place cut side down in microwave (on waxed paper or dish), high power 10 to 15 minutes or until it can be scooped out easily.
- Mix scooped out squash with nuts, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins. Spoon filling into shells or microwave dish.
- Combine 1 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and corn syrup in glass measuring cup. Microwave 1 minute. Stir until well blended. Drizzle over top of squash. Microwave 5 minutes until hot.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.