Watermelon Coconut Cake with Raspberry Filling
- 1 watermelon
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Cut the center 8 to 10 inch slice from a watermelon
- Lay it down on a flat work surface and cut around the rind and slide the rind off leaving a cylinder of watermelon.
- Slice into 3 slices as you would a cake.
- Place 1 slice of the melon cylinder on top of a serving platter
- Surround it with a ring of coconut
- Place ⅓ of the remaining coconut and raspberries over the slice and repeat to form a 3 layer watermelon “cake” with the raspberries on top arranged attractively on the coconut.
- To serve, slice into wedges and present them upright.