Mango & Watermelon Hard Lemonade
This can be made non-alcoholic by omitting the alcohol and topping with sparkling water or lemon-lime soda.
- ½ seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 4 ounces Cold House Vodka – Lemonade
- 2 ounces Malibu rum with mango liqueur
- 2 cups mango lemonade
- In a food processor puree watermelon with the lemon juice until smooth. Press through mesh sieve. Discard pulp. Pour juice into pitcher. Should measure about 1 to 1¼ cups.
- Add simple syrup, vodka, rum and mango lemonade. Stir well and refrigerate until very cold. If you don’t have time to refrigerate it, simply pour into a cocktail shaker filled ⅔ with ice cubes and shake until very cold.
- To serve, pour into 16 ounce tumblers filled with ice and garnish with a rind on watermelon piece.
- For simple syrup – In a small saucepan combine 1 cup sugar and ¾ cup water. Over medium-low heat stir until sugar is dissolved and liquid is clear. Cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge..