- 2¼ cups pureed watermelon
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To puree watermelon, remove seeds from about 2½ cups watermelon chunks
- Puree in electric blender or by mashing through coarse sieve.
- Soften gelatin in ¼ cup cold watermelon puree.
- Heat 2 cups pureed watermelon in a medium saucepan over low heat until almost boiling. Add softened gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat; add sugar and lemon juice. Chill, stirring occasionally, until the mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon. Whip cream and fold in.
- Turn into a 4-cup mold. Freeze.
- Unmold and garnish with lemon slices, melon balls and mint sprigs.