Watermelon & Tomato Salad with Feta
The vinaigrette can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days; if you make the salad the night before, don’t add the watermelon or dressing until ready to serve.
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. za’atar (optional; available at Middle Eastern markets)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 cups diced (½-inch) seeded watermelon (about a quarter of a medium-size melon)
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 small English cucumber, peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese, preferably French (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup pitted Nicoise olives
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill
- To make vinaigrette: Put vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and za’atar (if using) in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil with salt and pepper.
- To assemble salad: Put watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, Feta, olives, and dill in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette and toss gently, taking care to not break up the fruit and vegetables.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste. Divide among salad plates and serve.