Baked Butternut Squash Chips
- 2 butternut squashes with long necks
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut the necks of the squashes off of the bases. Peel each neck and slice it into thin slices, about ⅛th of an inch thick.
- Drop the slices into the boiling water and boil for 2 minutes (this allows the squash to get crispy when baked). After 2 minutes, carefully drain and rinse under the faucet until the slices are cool to the touch. Pat the slices with a towel to remove excess water.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper, and top them with slices. Be careful that the slices do not touch. Brush with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle on a little kosher salt, and top with finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- This is the tricky part – bake the chips until crispy, for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them and remove them when they turn brown and crispy – the timing for your oven may be shorter or longer! We had to remove them in intervals, since our oven is a bit uneven.
- Enjoy! Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to one week.