Chocolate Pumpkin Tart
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1½ cups cooled Sugar-Pumpkin Puree
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse cookies and sugar until finely ground. Add butter; pulse until crumbs are moistened. Using the bottom of a dry measuring cup, press crumbs into bottom (but not sides) of a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Place tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until set, about 12 minutes.
- Pour chocolate onto warm crust; spread with a spatula. Freeze until chocolate is firm, about 5 minutes. Brush sides of tart pan with butter; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg, cream, sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt. Pour filling into prepared crust; bake on a rimmed baking sheet until set, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool 1 hour at room temperature; refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
- Unmold tart (if sides stick, gently loosen with a knife). With two thin metal spatulas, transfer to a platter.