Creamy Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup Pumpkin Puree or canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 medium red apple and/or green pear, cored and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In small saucepan combine water and rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
- In medium bowl combine eggs, milk, Pumpkin Puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Stir in rice and ½ cup of the cranberries.
- Pour mixture into 1½-quart straight-sided deep baking dish. Place dish in baking pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into baking pan until water comes halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes; stir. Bake 35 minutes more or until outside edge appears set. Remove dish from oven. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine remaining ¼ cup cranberries and boiling water to cover. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Just before serving, toss together apple, walnuts, honey, and cranberries. Spoon over pudding. Serve warm.
- To store, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.