Ham-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 med. acorn squash
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. chopped celery
- ⅓ c. chopped onion
- 1½ c. chopped, cooked ham
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Place cut side down in a greased baking dish; add ½ inch water.
- Cover and bake at 350˚F for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add celery and onion; cook until tender.
- Add ham, sugar, and allspice, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Stuff squash with ham mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.